Re: Topband: Sad news N5IA SK

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Sad news N5IA SK
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2016 17:27:49 -0300
Like many of you, I was shocked and surprised, then immediately saddened to
learn of this tragedy earlier today.

I have worked Milt many times over the years from his home or away.

I believe one of the last QSO's was in the December Stew Perry Contest.  I
was mobile (parked) in the MINI COOPER, so was quite thrilled to work Milt
from the car.

He was one of my very best Q's to the west (closely tied no doubt with N6TR)
so after the contest I had sent him a thank you email and we got to talking
about

the QSO and also his array.  He did all the heavy lifting on his end !

I think he was nearly as excited to work me as I was him, and so I was quite
impressed by his humbleness and got to know him just a little bit in those
few long emails we traded.

RIP Milt.  I am sure gonna miss your presence.

Mike VE9AA..sometimes Mobile.

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB