Re: Topband: Working Europe

To: "Guy Olinger K2AV" <k2av.guy@gmail.com>, "Tim Shoppa" <tshoppa@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Working Europe
From: <w8hw@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 15:53:10 -0400
Raises the AGE OLD question...

If the band is open and no one calls CQ, is the band really open... Tong-n-Cheek

73 and LOL, Bruce, W8HW
===================

-----Original Message----- From: Guy Olinger K2AV
Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2016 3:13 PM
To: Tim Shoppa
Cc: Topband ; Bruce

There is the issue of when people are actually listening on 160. *Sounds*
dead because no one is there.

Then there is the issue of when the band is actually open.

Summer QRN in the northern hemisphere is a bummer, but RBN keeps showing
that the path is open in a summer fashion that we don't have dialed in yet.

Antenna here was necessarily on the ground for tree work during summer Stew
:>(   But did note in the results how many worked CW5W. 4 Stews a year is a
good idea and may pick up activity in the off times as we continue to
disprove ancient myths.

Looking forward to the solar minimum.

73, Guy