Re: Topband: Cutting Delay Lines

To: Wes Stewart <wes_n7ws@triconet.org>, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Cutting Delay Lines
From: Ed Stallman <ed.n5dg@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 10:16:26 -0500
Thanks Wes and thanks all who replied directly . I've received some very good information. I should be good to go

Ed N5DG

On 7/13/2016 9:45 AM, Wes Stewart wrote:
I have no idea how critical the phase shift is for your design, but I'll offer a couple of caveats. Unless you have characterized your cable, you don't know Vf or Zo. Furthermore, both of these vary with frequency. These effects are probably in the noise and with your instrumentation you will never know the difference. That said, finding a phase length at a multiple frequency doesn't necessarily predict the phase length at the design frequency.