Topband: : BOG Question

To: GALE STEWARD <k3nd@yahoo.com>, Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: : BOG Question
From: "K1FZ-Bruce" <k1fz@myfairpoint.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2016 17:32:38 -0400
Stew,

A BOG can do a good job untermnated.   If too long they self terminate. Depends upon the soil as to length.
Check youtube.....    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTXvcEwgUsU ;

Also check ..http://www.qsl.net/k1fz/bogantennanotes/

The biggest mistake is making the BOG antenna too long. Try not to go over 200 feet for 160 meters.  Longer will work in some locations   soil like desert, sand, other non/ partial conductiing types.

73
Bruce-K1FZ