Re: Topband: Modeling Transmit Antenna Affect on Rx Antenna Performance?

To: JC <n4is@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Modeling Transmit Antenna Affect on Rx Antenna Performance?
From: Guy Olinger K2AV <k2av.guy@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2016 15:31:57 -0400
Hi Paul,

Modeling the effect of the feedline and the receiver terminating the
feedline is tricky. Some are able to short or open the TX feedline in the
shack due to a "favorable" length from the antenna to the shack. The brute
force method is to install a vacuum relay at the feedpoint which leaves the
feedpoint hanging on RX. That's tough for QSK, but can be done based on a
microHam or WinKey box, used as keyer both to paddle and contest software.

You also need to consult the mfr of the RX array which may have limits to
the amount of induced voltage to the Hi-Z. So until determined otherwise,
you have a TX bothering RX on TX issue in addition to a TX bothering RX on
RX issue.

73, Guy.