Re: Topband: Soldering radials?

To: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Soldering radials?
From: Greg Zenger <n2gz@gregzenger.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 12:16:01 -0400
All of my radials are crimped lugs bolted to a common ring at the base of
my antenna (either a stainless plate, or a piece of copper strapping)

Copper strapping can be bought with pre-punched holes, or punched by hand
with a Roper Whitney (or similar) hand punch.

All booked connections coated with conductive anti-oxidant.

I buy lugs from T&B, usually in bulk on eBay. Be sure to get the right size
for your wire, and invest a little in a proper crimping tool.

Greg, N2GZ