Re: Topband: BOG - Selecting the Optimum Length

To: Mark K3MSB <mark.k3msb@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: BOG - Selecting the Optimum Length
From: Charlie Young <weeksmgr@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 16:04:21 +0000
Typing on my iPhone from the woods now.  I am testing a JK BevFlex 4 deployed
as a bog now. Early stages.  I think the optimum length will be determined by
the local earth characteristics.  Started by measuring a wire dipole resonance
on the ground to determine the shortening factor from earth proximity.  Based
on this started at 225'.  Antenna hears well and shows good f/b but condx have
been poor. Waiting for more favorable conditions to try optimizing.  Have Hi Z
triangle and normal bev to test against. I can already say it works much better
than my tx inv L on 160. Another update after more testing.  Back to work now.

73 Charlie N8RR
Sent from my iPhone