Topband: RF interference from 160m to GE Electric stove

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: RF interference from 160m to GE Electric stove
From: <JAYB1943@OPTONLINE.NET>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2016 10:33:42 -0500
Hi guys – I have recently added a 160m amp to my station and have created an
RFI problem I can’t solve.
When I transmit on 160 with any more than 150 watts, the GE electric stove
in the kitchen ALARMS and must be reset. I guess the 160 signal from the
vertical is getting into the AC power lines (just a few feet away from the
AC feed off the pole) and then into the electronics into the stove. Reducing
the output power to 125 watts or so does not cause the problem. Not a
permanent condition; hitting the stop button on the stove controls stops the
stove alarm but starts again when I transmit. My XYL HATES alarms—she is a
retired ICU RN and I think she got conditioned to panic when ANY alarm goes
off !
Anyhow I wondered if anybody has any similar experience with problems like
this on 160 and how to solve them. I am tempted to just have an electrician
come in and install a BIG RF filter on the AC line – either just on the
Stove line or to the main feed but I fear this is a lot of $$$. I am
hesitant to do this one on my own for insurance reasons if nothing else.
   Any ideas ?
                  Thanx – Jay NY2NY

---