Re: Topband: 160 m inverted L

To: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>, topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160 m inverted L
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2016 10:11:57 -0600
Fifty feet?! That means the feedpoint --the bottom of the antenna-- would
be 50 feet up! Do you know how high the top would have to be? I don't agree
with that at all. And I've never heard of anyone who ever did that.

The four elevated radials in these tests were just 16 feet high! And what
is more, the frequencies were 1490, 1450, 1240, and (maybe) 625 KHz. Almost
as effective as 120 buried radials.
lists.contesting.com/_topband/2007-11/msg00248.html

I forget the radial height in Rudy Severns' (N6LF) tests, but IIRC they
weren't anywhere near 50' high.

My two elevated radials were 10' high. I know that a little higher (and a
few more of them) would have been better, but I can tell you that that 160m
inverted-L WORKED! And I'm by no means the only one. :-)

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com