Topband: 2016 160m Fox Extravaganza, Tuesday, 22 November

To: Top Band Contesting <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 2016 160m Fox Extravaganza, Tuesday, 22 November
From: James Rodenkirch <Rodenkirch_LLC@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 14:04:08 +0000
Back in April Dale, WC7S, sent out a message proposing that there be a repeat
of 2015’s 160m QRP Fox Extravaganza that occurred for the first time on the
Tuesday of Thanksgiving week.  (He also suggested that there might be a
traditional Fox Hunt on 160m to be held at an appropriate date within the 27
December-3 January 2017 range, that space being a scheduled Fox Hunt recess
during year-end celebrations).... see http://www.qrpfoxhunt.org/ for
particulars on a QRP Fox Hunt.

Dale hasn’t canceled his earlier recommendation, but since there is now only a
week before Tuesday, 22 November, it seems appropriate to make, on Dale’s
behalf, a public announcement.

The date for the second 160m Fox Extravaganza is Tuesday, 22 November 2016,
with the same UTC times as the regular hunts (0200Z-0330Z early Wednesday 23
November, Tuesday evening here in the U.S.).  Activity is best centered around
1.810 mHz (and you can hear a strong signal from W1AW, QRV on 1,802.5 mHz).
Calling “CQ FE” would be a briefly-sent invitation for QSOs.  The exchange
should follow the usual FH format: RST, SPC, name, power.

This all meant to be:

1) FUN!!!!
2) Promote operating on 160 meters (God knows I spend many a night and morning
calling CQ, seeing nice RBN reports for my QRP signals but few replies.

If you have the rig turned on Tuesday evening look for stations calling CQ FE -
they'll be the Fox....call 'em, preferably at QRP power, exchange RST SPC Name
and Power.....they'll be appreciative and we all can pat our selves on the back
for encouraging new Top Band operators....

BCNU soon for the 2016 160m Fox Extravaganza!
Annnnnnd see ya in the 160 ARRL test as well as the BIg Stew.

P.S. Just received my ARRL 160 Contest certificate for #10 in U.S. and VE ----
I've always had a goal to  place in the top 10 of a major 160
test.....whooooooo hooooo....did it!

72,

Jim Rodenkirch K9JWV

__._,_.___
________________________________
Posted by: Charles Moizeau <w2sh@msn.com>
________________________________
     •       Reply to sender
<mailto:w2sh@msn.com?subject=Re%3A%202016%20160m%20Fox%20Extravaganza%2C%20Tuesday%2C%2022%20November>
  •       Reply to group
<mailto:AT_Sprint@yahoogroups.com?subject=Re%3A%202016%20160m%20Fox%20Extravaganza%2C%20Tuesday%2C%2022%20November>
      •       Start a New
Topic<https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/AT_Sprint/conversations/newtopic;_ylc=X3oDMTJmcXVxNTl2BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE4MDM1NzIzBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARzZWMDZnRyBHNsawNudHBjBHN0aW1lAzE0NzkxNzcwNzg->
       •       Messages in this
topic<https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/AT_Sprint/conversations/topics/17195;_ylc=X3oDMTM3a2M0bTBzBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzE4MDM1NzIzBGdycHNwSWQDMTcwNTA2MzEwOARtc2dJZAMxNzE5NQRzZWMDZnRyBHNsawN2dHBjBHN0aW1lAzE0NzkxNzcwNzgEdHBjSWQDMTcxOTU->
 (1)
[https://s.yimg.com/ru/static/images/yg/img/megaphone/1464031581_phpFA8bON]
Have you tried the highest rated email app?<https://yho.com/1wwmgg>
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on
the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes
(Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with
1000GB of free cloud storage.