Re: Topband: Ladder line + tuner

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Ladder line + tuner
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2016 20:13:55 -0500
David,

I think the best and quickest way to understand and observe line impedance
transformations is to model it using software.  Two popular programs are TLW
and TLDetails.  TLW is bundled with the ARRL Antenna Book.  TLDetails can be
downloaded here:

http://www.ac6la.com/tldetails1.html

It won't take you long to perform several "what if" impedance
transformations by varying line length and type.

Paul, W9AC