Re: Topband: RBOG - wire fence

To: James Denneny <57jndenneny@comcast.net>, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: RBOG - wire fence
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2016 13:10:50 -0800
My experience with a 600' regular Bev 6' over a 5 wire barb wire fence was not good. Modeling also showed it had little directivity. A solution in the modeling was to insulate all wires every 150', segmenting it into 4 x 150' fences. Wires beyond the Bev ends could be continuous any length. Modeled but never built, since I sold the ranch. I suspect a BOG would be at least as sensitive to adjacent conductors. Perhaps 75' segments would work as a SWAG.

Some rodents seem to enjoy nibbling on various coaxs. It depends. Another choice than PVC is 1" flexible well pipe, available in long rolls.

Grant KZ1W