Topband: Dxing on the Edge...the Thrill of 160m! - SECOND EDITION is now

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Dxing on the Edge...the Thrill of 160m! - SECOND EDITION is now available!
From: k1zm--- via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 16:29:21 -0500
Hi Gang

I am pleased to be able to announce that the 2ND EDITION of Dxing on the
Edge...the Thrill of 160M! is now available for purchase.

While we had a great run with ARRL starting in 1998 (for which I am most
grateful), this second edition has been self-published using BOOKBABY.com.

Earlier this year some UK friends of mine asked me to put out an updated
edition of the book and this summer I had the time to work with Tim Duffy of
DXE and Jay Terleski of Array Solutions to do just that.

The new book contains the original manuscript from 1998 but also includes new
and updated material regarding current XMIT antenna solutions for Dx'ing and
contesting on Topband.  Additionally,, there is a chapter specifically
dedicated to Rx antennas for those with smaller lots - as Rx on Topband is the
thorniest problem to resolve if one is space limited as we all are well aware.

Also included are current operating suggestions for snagging the rarest of the
rare ones on 160m - which means using capabilities and techniques that did not
exist in 1998.

Gone unfortunately is the CD of "Memorable Moments on 160M" as technical
limitations prevented inclusion of this in the revised addition.

A couple of things I wish to make very clear:

1) I am not necessarily trying here to sell you another book....if you bought
and enjoyed the first edition of my book, it is totally your call if you wish
to purchase the second addition.  Current successful 160M Dx'ers may already be
well aware of the modern antenna choices for XMIT and RX that I talk about - so
I am really aiming this book at amateurs who have always wanted to try 160M but
have demeurred due to smallish properties or to those who would like to learn
how to operate on 160M for the first time and need to know how to become
successful on Topband.

2) I owe a huge debt of gratitude to K3LR and WX0B for providing information on
their fine 160M products - including elevation plots and technical data on
their products.  I would never have been able to release this second edition
without their input and cooperation - so thanks to them both!  I should note
also that I did not ask for nor receive any remuneration whatsoever for
highlighting their fine products in the revised version.  I simply consider
both guys friends,  who are reputable suppliers,  who market great products and
they service them well.  It is that simple.....I buy and use their stuff myself
- so I am 100% comfortable recommending what they sell to buyers of my book.

3) The price of the 2nd edition is $20.18  USD.

4) You may purchase it here:

a) From DX Engineering - (it will soon be added to the DXE website in the books
section)

b) From Array Solutions - (it will soon be added to the Array Solutions website
in the books section)

c) Directly from the publisher Bookbaby - Here is the Internet Link:

https://store.bookbaby.com/book/Dxing-On-the-Edge

The ISBN number is:   9781483586458

Thanks for taking the time to read this message.  I do hope anyone who orders
the new book finds it a useful addition to their 160M operating enjoyment going
forward.

73  JEFF  K1ZM/VY2ZM