Topband: advice on simple end fire array

To: low bad reflector <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: advice on simple end fire array
From: Matt Murphy <matt@nq6n.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2016 11:26:18 -0600
In preparation for the Stew I'm going to attempt to put up a small end fire
array aimed at EU on my small suburban lot.  There are a large number of
books and articles about this topic, but my short-term goal is to build
something simple that I can improve upon over the winter as time allows.

I do not need the array to be switchable, since most of the points I'm
likely to get would come from EU.

I was thinking about creating three short verticals along the lines of the
YCCC receive array (with active coupling) or using the W8JI recommended
method with passive components.

What approach to phasing makes the most sense given my simple requirements?
  Advice on spacing?  What's the recommended approach to modeling a system
like this to test subtle variations in phasing and spacing?

73,
Matt NQ6N