Re: Topband: 1809.2 kHz constant dashes

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 1809.2 kHz constant dashes
From: Charlie Young <weeksmgr@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2016 15:20:36 +0000
At 1505 UTC, the 1809 kHz dash station is peaking S7 in Charleston WV, well
above the noise on my TX inverted L.   There is significant QSB on the signal,
down to S3 or 4, but always above the background noise.

The signal is W/NW from me.  The Hi Z triangle does not have enough resolution
but hears the signal better than my bogs. Clearly better on the NW position
than SW or N.   The signal seems better on a 280 degree bog than it does on a
330 degree bog but it is close.

I have 4 tx inverted L's, each on a different hill quadrant.  In the absence of
power line noise, they hear fairly well.  I can usually discern the general
signal direction from listening to these antennas, if the signal is out of the
noise.  The NW inverted L is clearly best on the dash signal.

At the moment, 1520 UTC, the signal has taken a significant fade and is only
audible now on the NW inverted L.  It has fallen below the noise on the rx
antennas.

Hope this helps.

73 Charlie N8RR