Re: Topband: Fence charger

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Fence charger
From: Merv Schweigert via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 15:12:19 -1000
Length,  power,  all means little, question is how clean and how
often do you inspect the fence,
the popping you hear is the arc caused by poor insulators arcing, or weeds
touching the fence.   most problems come from some one with no
clue as to HV installing the fence,  poor plastic insulators, poor
connections,  waist high grass growing.
Best investment is a weed whacker to clean under the fence and good
quality products.
I have a 30 acre electric fence beside me and have zero problems as long
as its maintained,  when the popping starts walk the fence and you can
generally hear the spot its arcing,  fix it.
No fancy equipment needed,  just good legs for walking fence lines.
Oh yea and if its a pig fence some good boots as the smell will not wash
off your shoes.

Merv K9FD/KH6
How long is the pig fence?
And do you require a weed burning fence charger?
Depending on your answers, I might have a recommendation for you.

73 Mike
www.w0btu.com