Topband: Increasing DX propagation

To: Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Increasing DX propagation
From: "K1FZ-Bruce " <k1fz@myfairpoint.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2017 09:44:12 -0500
Its warming up, looking like an early spring.   "One sixty" is starting to ramp
up with longer, stronger DX
I hear complaints --- I  can't put in a ground rod,  the ground  is still
frozen.
Take a tip from the Electric power companies, who are out there replacing their
damaged poles.
Use a drill bit to get through the frost,. and  yes impact hammers do work also.
But drills open up a path without compressing the earth.

BIg Box hardware stores like Lowe's, Home Depot  and others have drill bit
extensions. The shanks are sizes that will fit into 1/4 and 3/8 inch drills.
And at the other end there is a fitting that will accept  larger bits.

Check it out  before the DX fades

73
Bruce-K1FZ
http://www.qsl.net/k1fz/beverage_antenna.html