Topband: JT65 on 160

To: cx6vm.jorge@gmail.com, List-Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: JT65 on 160
From: Jim Jim <wa3mej@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2017 14:06:30 -0400 (EDT)
Jorge,
I use only 35-50w on TB.  A few years ago I worked VKs and Zls  using only
35watts then went down the band a bit and worked one of the same stations on CW
only moments later BUT it took over 900w to do it. That is just over 14db
advantage over CW.  Two other things to remember 1. JT65 is a mode that
operates at 100% duty cycle. and 2. if you use high power you are going to
start overloading everyone RX front end and you will be the only one able to
use the band.  I have seen one station on 40m ignored because he was using high
power when it was unnecessary.

GL

Jim