Topband: Automatic Antenna matching

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Automatic Antenna matching
From: Martin <dm4im@t-online.de>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2017 15:51:34 +0200
Topbanders,

i'm looking for advice on automatic antenna matching.
The goal is to automatically match a vertical for 160m and a loop for 80/40/60/(30)m using motor-driven variable caps.

We are using microham gear for station management, so we already have information about tx-freq at hand. My understanding is microham uLink-Data boxes translate data from many transceiver models to protocols a whole bunch of matching units can deal with, be it ultrabeam or steppir or such.

We plan to use a credit-card sized computer (raspberry) to drive a motorized cap. The computer will set the cap to a pre-defined position, based on stored information in a table (and probably switch inductance in and out) .

The protocol must be able to deal with large splits , e.g. USA calls above 3.8Mhz and listens on about 3.6Mhz. I cheked the radio outputs information about rx & tx - frequency and if it is in split-mode or not.

My question is: Has anyone on the list done this ,what protocol did he use/like best and for what reason?
Is there anything i'm overlooking right now?

--

Ohne CW ist es nur CB..

73, Martin DM4iM