Topband: Beverage on slope experience

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Beverage on slope experience
From: "Ned Mountain" <ned.mountain@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2017 16:45:57 -0400
Since 2009, I have been using an 800 Ft. RG-6 based Beverage with a terrain
variation of about 300 Ft.  It works great.  (60/240 deg-reversible)

In 2011 I installed a second RG-6 reversible beverage in quadrature to the
original (150/330 deg.)  Again, over  sloping mountainous property.  It is
also working extremely well.

As a shameless commercial plug,  my partner, W8GNM is responsible for this
clever design which provides the ability to feed it from any point along its
length and the ability to adjust the end terminations from the shack.  The
product (Bev-Flex 4) is currently being manufactured and supported by JK
antennas.  Check it out and contact me if you have any questions.  (We will
be at Dayton)  Working with RG-6 as the main antenna element is MUCH easier
than ladder line and with the differential signal carried by the RG-6,
overall F/B performance is excellent.

WC4X

Ned Mountain

ned.mountain@mindspring.com