Re: Topband: RBOG installation

To: Brian Pease <bpease2@myfairpoint.net>, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: RBOG installation
From: "John Harden, D.M.D." <jhdmd@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 14:36:26 -0400
I get them from Home Depot imthe garden shop...

73,

John, W4NU

On 4/25/2017 2:17 PM, Brian Pease wrote:
Google "garden staples ebay".  $11.50/100 free shipping.

On 4/25/2017 12:54 PM, James Denneny wrote:
My garden tractor lawn mower ate one of my RBOG's. I thought 2.5 inch blade height was sufficient but the updraft from the mower deck lifted the wire
into the blade.

Yes, I can raise blade cut to 3 inches. I prefer a closer cut for neatness. However, I am contemplating pinning the wire with DXE ground staples every 5 to 10 ft versus burying the wire an inch into the soil. I am concerned the
latter approach might defeat signal reception.

Comments?

Jim K7EG