Topband: Fwd: Fw: Solar Storm September 6th in real time Video - K5UJ de

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Fwd: Fw: Solar Storm September 6th in real time Video - K5UJ de DK7PE
From: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2017 20:46:46 -0500
Posting for Rudi

R.A.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rudolf Klos <geloso@gmx.de>
Date: Fri, Oct 6, 2017 at 2:58 PM
To: ranchorobbo@gmail.com

Hi Rob,
I tried to post this infor regarding the latest strongest solar storm
since 12 years. Unfortunately I can not post it as my email is not
known.
Could you please load it up into the Topband site.
Thanks 73s Rudi DK7PE

Hi all,

September 6th 2017 we had the biggest solar storm since 10 to 15 years
(ref. NASA). During that time I was in Northern Norway on a photo
excursion.
When the particles arrived on earth, on Sep 8th, I was able to make a
short video what shows some of the extreme Northern Lights in real
time.

What caused the Bands to collaps looked like this:

YOUTUBE: https://youtu.be/mdcwEGra1Ts

To me it woul'd be interesting to know what happened on 160m in
advance between Sep. 6th to 8th.
In the past I observed great DX openings on Top Band just before the
bands completely broke down.

Any observations?

73s Rudi DK7PE