Topband: Boring Report - 10 Oct 2017

To: 160 <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Boring Report - 10 Oct 2017
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2017 09:59:09 -0700
Am very happy to report that 160 meters sounded like the good old days last
night with a solid opening to Europe.  SM5EDX acted like the beacon and was
heard for well over an hour with signals peaking 579.  HA8LNN, Zoli, who I
have never worked before on topband also had a good signal - peaking 569.
SM4DHF made it in the log as well.

Hopefully - this is sign that we will finally have a good season after
years of drought.

Antenna for TX is a top loaded tower - about 77 feet with a 60 foot loading
wire (have the Steppir elements retracted).  About 30 radials and a HiZ 4
square RX array.

SM5EDX did fire up his Viking and I fired up my Ranger - so we had a QSO
using Johnson equipment on each side - but K3's for RX and some help with
amplifiers.

73 Tree N6TR/7
Hillsboro, OR (about 50 miles West of the old Boring QTH)