Re: Topband: FT8 on 160m

To: Roger Parsons <ve3zi@yahoo.com>, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: FT8 on 160m
From: Tim Shoppa <tshoppa@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2017 16:17:46 -0500
As a practical matter there are several 2 kHZ segments of each band that are
now devoted to 24x7 JT65, FT8, and other digital modes. Weak signal CW work -
eg working rare mults or even just weak guys from common mults - in those
segments just isn’t gonna happen.

Substantial parts of 80M and 40M have been pretty bad for several years now
with SAILNET and other automatic modes.

Tim N3QE