Topband: HS0ZIA

To: TopBand List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: HS0ZIA
From: Bob Kupps via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2018 03:53:18 +0000 (UTC)
Hi HS0ZIA is now CL until May. I logged 294 unique calls in the last 6 weeks of
part time activity (I do not live at the station) on 160m outside of any
contest activity and those who seem to want another QSO every day, mostly in EU
and AS. I spent most of the SP test listening for the big stations but the only
NA I was able to hear or work this year was located in western USA using a full
size 8 circle TX array. The HiZ monoband 8 circle RX array here appears to be
working very well but I hope to improve our RX capability in the propagated
tropical QRN soon with 2 HWF arrays that I will try to phase with each other as
well as work in diversity with the HiZ 8 circle using the fabulous Flex 6700
RX. Hopefully low band conditions will improve as we approach the bottom of the
solar cycle and we can QSO more NA stations on topband this coming fall...
73 Bob HS0ZIA