Re: Topband: RBOG through radial field

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: RBOG through radial field
From: Mike DeChristopher <mfdechristopher@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2018 17:21:51 -0500
I used to run my RBOG over the buried radial field of an 80m Inv-L
here some years ago. What I found was that the beverage directionality
was absolutely wrecked. To avoid running it over the radials, I had to
very substantially "zig-zag" the RBOG on the property line but -- even
in that form -- it still worked much better than it did atop the
radials.

YMMV but condx here were 30x 1/4-wave radials buried ~1-2"; RBOG was
ON4UN -type made of RG-6.

GL
Mike N1TA