Re: Topband: Supporting Ladder line

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Supporting Ladder line
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2018 16:01:36 -0600
Many Topbanders have used just ONE run of WD-1(?) military field telephone
wire with great results. *You just have to wind the transformers with the
correct impedance ratios*.

I made some for Milt, N5IA (SK) in 2012. Visit
www.w0btu.com/files/beverage/N5IA_WD-1 and click on 100_4742.JPG where you
can see the configurations and the transformer Z ratios.

I forget what exactly he told me, but it was something like those single
WD-1 Beverages were as good or better than the existing ones he had with
wide spacing (8" to 12" spacing?).

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com/Beverage_antennas.html