Topband: VU2CPL 80m

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: VU2CPL 80m
From: Steve Babcock <ve6wz@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2018 12:35:13 -0700
I want to congratulate Manoj VU2CPL for his excellent RX from Bangalore on the
lowbands.

This morning Manoj, VU2CPL was in the ON4KST Low-band chat room saying he was
going to CQ on 1825, rx for NA. After a few minutes I told him I had no copy
and asked him if he would try 80m. This was about 20 min before my SR. He said
he would CQ on 3525. I QSY’d and within 30 seconds I heard him QRL? QRZ? de
VU2CPL. Before he even started to call CQ, I called him. A few VE? and he got
my call.  This was a true true LP QSO, with the Yagi at 240 deg. Diversity rx
with the Yagi and 800’ SW Beverage. I have been waiting a long time for a VU
QSO on 80m. Not an easy path to Western Canada.

Manoj is using a 350 ft 2 wire reversible beverage at his Bangalore QTH.
Obviously it is working well. He seems committed to the low-bands, and has been
very regular lately. I expect he would be very willing to arrange a sked one
morning for anyone wanting to give it a try with him. He is also a regular in
the ON4KST Low-band chat room.
Perhaps a 160m QSO will be possible???

Below are two recordings of his signal….the first file is my QSO, the second
file his CQ and an EU QSO.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nJlgPZOJ376JFieDTRiD3tHwd3pV3fF6/view?usp=sharing

<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nJlgPZOJ376JFieDTRiD3tHwd3pV3fF6/view?usp=sharing>

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ax7lZJnQW2OEuWZLvuHhT5piraw0pjS2/view?usp=sharing