Re: Topband: How to determine impedance

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: How to determine impedance
From: Martin <dm4im@t-online.de>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2018 14:35:34 +0100
Topbanders,
thanks for all the valuable input.
So far i can say the beverage was of great help in the past 160m contest although it still is not optimized. At DL0WH, we didn't work much, we rather tested the performance. Conclusion was: NW works great, SE ..uhm.. not.

The K9AY loop outperformed the beverage on sigs from SE.

So back to finding the fault, recalculate the transformers, measure impedance etc.

When this bev works, i'll undertake the adventure with the partially buried NE/SW bev discussed earlier.

We now need a better tx-antenna, also.

--

Ohne CW ist es nur CB..

73, Martin DM4iM