Topband: Belize-VK/ZL possibilities

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Belize-VK/ZL possibilities
From: iain haywood <g4sgx@justfans.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2018 20:43:05 +0000
Hi,

I'm off to Belize again for the commonwealth contest in March but after the event I plan to make use of the pier over seawater for top band and some 60M.

An inverted-L over seawater is planned.

On checking clublog it says there have been only TWO QSO's ever between VK/ZL and V31 on 160M.

Is this a tricky path ? I assume its because of high thunderstorm noise in the tropics.

What do think of my chances with 100W and CW & some FT8 (shock--horror!)

Iain G4SGX