Topband: V31 to VK/ZL

To: <g4sgx@justfans.co.uk>, "Topband reflector" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: V31 to VK/ZL
From: "Steve Ireland" <vk6vz@arach.net.au>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2018 21:31:33 +0800
Hi Iain

I am one of the lucky VKs who have worked V31 Belize on 160m – V31YN on
03/01/2005 at 1217Z (very near his sunrise I think). The operator was Gerd,
DJ4KW and my recollection he was running 100W (from a very good location).

I guess the answer to your question is there has been very little serious 160m
operation from V31 in a very long time and working VK/ZL is pretty hard from
there anyway. I am sure Mike VK6HD (SK) also worked Gerd.

In theory it should be easier to work the east coast of VK from V31 than VK6,
as the path is somewhat shorter. I am sure the east coast VK and ZL topbanders
would love a shot at working you before/after the Commonwealth Contest.

Vy 73

Steve, VK6VZ/G3ZZD

---