Re: Topband: Wednesday 160m DX Activity Night

To: Roger Kennedy <roger@wessexproductions.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Topband: Wednesday 160m DX Activity Night
From: Kenneth Grimm <grimm@sbc.edu>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 08:03:24 -0500
Thanks for the QSO Roger.  If it were not for your exhortation to be on the
band on Wednesday evenings, I would have missed a QSO with UK9AA.  That's a
fairly rare one from this side of the pond.

73,

Ken - K4XL

On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 5:48 AM, Roger Kennedy <
roger@wessexproductions.co.uk> wrote:

> Well conditions were strange last night . . .
>
> Generally poor propagation . . . and high background noise here (even on my
> Rx aerial) - apologies if you were one of the stations I heard calling, but
> couldn't pull out of the noise.
>
> However, I did manage to work 16 NA stations in the 2 hours I stayed on,
> including across to Texas.
>
> What was more weird was some of my RBN reports from NA stations (which I
> often view when the band's quiet, to check propagation) - several gave me
> over 40dB above the noise, one even +48dB !
>
> Thanks to everyone who came on (inc several EU stations) . . .
>
> I shall be on at the weekend, and certainly next Wednesday again.
>
> 73 Roger G3YRO

Ken - K4XL
BoatAnchor Manual Archive
BAMA - http://bama.edebris.com