Re: Topband: Inv L in Tree

To: vk3io <vk3io@iinet.net.au>, Brian Campbell <ve3mgy@hotmail.ca>, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Inv L in Tree
From: vk2wf <vk2wf@bigpond.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2018 08:48:46 +1000
HiMy vertical is fed with 60m of underground hardline coax to put it as far in
the open my property allows. I have been removing all the smaller trees and
undergrowth continually. Unless conditions are poor getting RBN pings in the US
or Canada happens every night. The ARRL antenna handbook is right on this
issue.73Adrian vk2wf

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S7 on the Telstra Mobile Network
-------- Original message --------From: vk3io <vk3io@iinet.net.au> Date:
4/10/18  9:56 pm  (GMT+10:00) To: Brian Campbell <ve3mgy@hotmail.ca>,
topband@contesting.com Subject: Re: Topband: Inv L in Tree
Hi Brian and others.

Brian should have added with his comment, that he has made numerous
qso's to VK (that is with me and other VK's) with his "poor antenna" on
top band overs the past years and when and if he can move the wire away
from the tree trunk, then he will no doubt make many more qso's.

What a difference one S point can make or even a half an S point, when
you move the wire away from the tree, by 2 or 3 feet, if possible.

When I consider the number of dx qso's I "almost made" over the past 30
years or so, on Top Band and what I could have worked, if only for one S
point, on TX and or RX.

If only I had the drive or time to make such a small improvement to my
antenna system.

Cheers from Ron, vk3io.