Topband: PreStew coming up soon

To: 160 <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: PreStew coming up soon
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2018 09:30:28 -0700
This weekend is the last full weekend to get your antennas QRV for the
PreStew coming up on October 20th at 1500Z.

At the home station of the Boring Amateur Radio club - my antenna currently
is not complete.  I have a new 97 foot tower with a full sized Steppir
Monster on top and have laid down the first two radials.  Will be working
hard this weekend getting the radial count up and figuring out the gamma
match to load the tower.  The tower and antenna is the same configuration I
had running at my temporary QTH during the past three years.  It required
some top loading when used with the elements retracted - about 50 feet or
wire.  So I am guessing I can deal with the extra tower height by reducing
the length of the loading wire at the top of the tower.

The Hi-Z 4 square antenna has not been deployed yet either...  so that will
be on the list after getting the TX antenna setup. Beverages will have to
wait until December since there is just too much to be done and not enough
time.

The complete results from the BigStew are in process.  We have enlisted the
help of Guy, K2AV, to figure out the plaque winners.  We should have them
posted shortly after the PreStew and then you can prepare yourself for the
posts from W7EW organizing the sponsors for the plaques for the December
event.

Rules and other stuff at http://www.kkn.net/stew

73 Tree N6TR / K7RAT