Re: Topband: Gamma match success

To: k1whs@metrocast.net
Subject: Re: Topband: Gamma match success
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2018 07:43:05 -0700
I had a cap like that in my Viewstar PT2500 that I bought new in 1985.
After a second or two of transmitting - the power output dropped and I had
to retune the loading control.  Fixed it with a stack of 10,000 pf silver
micas in series.

I am going to transmit for a minute or two with full power and measure any
temperature change on my coax capacitor to put to bed any concern about
loss.  Will report back.

Tree N6TR