Topband: Common Mode

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Common Mode
From: "Rodman, David" <rodman@buffalo.edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2018 10:41:11 +0000
I purchased some 7mm dia snap on cores for RG6 receive antenna coax.  I was
wondering if anyone had any experience or suggestion as to how many one would
place on each lead.  The feed lines are about 50% on the ground with grass
growing over or buried 2-3".  The lengths vary from 300' to 750', depending on
the antenna I am using for listening.  I was planning to place them inside the
station.  I have nothing now and thought this would be acceptable versus
removing connectors and placing beads?  Thank you.

---
David J Rodman MD
Assistant Clinical Professor
Department of Ophthalmology