Topband: VP6D

To: TopBand List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: VP6D
From: Guy Olinger K2AV <k2av.guy@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2018 17:39:45 -0400
Went looking for them after finishing the 0300Z CWT on 160m. He was
down the band some from where the CWT mob had been. I had seen
somewhere that they were working up 2. Called him once up about 2 and
worked him about 0410Z. Listened for a while. He was working a mix of
EU and USA.

Clearly a fine operator and seemed to be hearing very well on 160.

You can work this guy. Go get him.

By the way, during the last 15 minutes of the CWT, on 160, found
myself being QRM'd by a UW6, who wasn't hearing or calling me, who was
louder than some of the midwest USA stations, who at the time were
bedeviled by long deep QSB. I had to QSY to get away from him so I
could hear weak stations calling me.

This is going to be a very interesting 160m season.

73, Guy.