Topband: CW PADDLE AND LOSING SENSATION IN ONE'S FINGERS

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: CW PADDLE AND LOSING SENSATION IN ONE'S FINGERS
From: John Randall via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2018 18:08:52 +0000 (UTC)
I have moved home now and am awaiting planning permission to erect some poles
in the garden, but while I wait, I am wondering if there is anyone doing cw
with no grip in their hands or items just slip out of their fingers and how the
manage with a paddle key. Now I know many use automated cw software, but thats
not for me.

I use my left hand which is rather strange as I am right handed, but this lack
of sensation is really putting a damper on cw mode for me. Does anyone out
there have any tips ?One I found myself is to fasten the key to the bench as
sometomes I hit the paddles either too hard or too soft and the whole key moves.
73 and I hope to be on within a couple of weeks all being well.
73John - M0ELS