Re: Topband: FT8 vs other modes - my numbers.

To: Cecil Acuff <chacuff@cableone.net>, DXer <hfdxmonitor@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: FT8 vs other modes - my numbers.
From: Arthur Delibert <radio75a3@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2019 02:47:22 +0000
Well said.  Thank you.

________________________________
From: Topband <topband-bounces@contesting.com> on behalf of Cecil Acuff
<chacuff@cableone.net>
Sent: Sunday, February 3, 2019 7:06 PM
To: DXer
Cc: topband@contesting.com

Yeah the elitist attitude of CW being the only thing that’s real that seems to
permeate this list at times is quite stale.

I work CW, SSB, RTTY, FT8....whatever gets the contact in the log...it’s all
radio....take the radio away or have Mother Nature take the path down and
nothing gets through.

It’s not the internet....

Funny....not too many years ago the bane was the SSB op....2nd class
citizens....now relative to the FT8 op that’s now acceptable....to some degree.

Looks like the bickering over FT8’s legitimacy has taken the focus off the
remote station/remote receiver fight of a couple years back. (Probably a good
thing)

It always has to be something it seems.

Not much can be done to change it so...if it’s not your mode of choice just
don’t use it.

Not much reason to continue whining about it or the lack of CW activity when
the band is hopping with FT8 stations...actually many of your buddies are
probably up there having some fun on FT8, why else would the CW portion of the
band be dead with all the CW only OPs there are hanging out here?

Maybe some closet FT8 ops... But it’s not the end of Ham Radio....

Sorry Tree....just boiled over I guess...

I’m done...and if I’m banned I’m banned....it needed to be said!

K5DL

Sent using recycled electrons.