Re: Topband: Diversity RX audio example

To: VE6WZ_Steve <ve6wz@shaw.ca>, topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Diversity RX audio example
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2019 16:43:43 -0800

On 2/6/2019 3:46 PM, VE6WZ_Steve wrote:

Regarding the APF.  I too had an FT1000D, and I performed
the mod to the APF.  You are right, it did magically make
signals pop out.  One of the things that made it useful
was that it was AFTER the AGC.  Therefore, off frequency
signals, no matter how strong, always had weaker audio
levels than the signal that the APF was tuned to.

I am now using a Flex 6700.  I don't miss my APF because
I can dial down the IF bandwidth to as little as 50 Hz.
Are you saying your don't use this capability and instead
use audio filtering?  Not following this.

How many "Spectral Capture Units" does the 6600 have?
I can't see to find any info on the Flex site about this.
My 6700 has two of them.

73
Rick N6RK