Re: Topband: BOG near noisy power line on 160

To: "'Greg - ZL3IX'" <zl3ix@inet.net.nz>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: BOG near noisy power line on 160
From: "Ian Fugler" <zen90387@zen.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2019 19:10:49 -0000
If the 'noisy' line is an HV one, I would terminate my beverage well short of
20 feet.  My north beverage picks ups pwr line noise when the wx is rain,
drizzle, snow, foggy, misty... It ends about 80 feet short of 11KV lines.  I
would not dare go any closer than that, not because of the noise but because of
the safety aspect.

I have four EWEs about 200 feet from the pwr lines and they are generally)
clear of noise from the pwr lines.

73,

Ian G4IIY