Topband: V84SAA 2019

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: V84SAA 2019
From: Lee STRAHAN <k7tjr@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2019 17:29:58 +0000
    Every once in a while we on the West coast of the US see a little advantage
for our DXing efforts over the East coast operators. V84SAA with their awesome
expertise has shown to be one of those times. Kudos to the boys for some great
DXpedition work. Their signals on the west coast 7600 miles away were simply
outstanding. Particularly on 160 meters which interests me the most. I have
placed some recordings on the cloud of what I was able to hear from here. These
recordings were made on an experimental 3 element Hi-Z array. The recording
file name with no band notation is from 160 meters. During that recording I
switched from my transmitting antenna to the 3 element array. You can tell the
switch point from the background noise increase. Their signal was quite good
here and I would have been able to make the contact using only my TX antenna.
  Also kudos to Jeff for untiring dedication.
Here is the link to the recordings.
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Aic-1tUvn-65gWcEGD2tNa-JITWd

Awesome.

Lee Strahan