Re: Topband: finding a site for greyline sunrise/sunset times

To: "'Richard \(Rick\) Karlquist'" <richard@karlquist.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: finding a site for greyline sunrise/sunset times
From: "Dave AA6YQ" <aa6yq@ambersoft.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2019 20:20:19 -0500
* more AA6YQ comments below

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard (Rick) Karlquist [mailto:richard@karlquist.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2019 7:16 PM
To: Dave AA6YQ; 'terry burge'
Cc: topband@contesting.com

On 2/28/2019 3:39 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:

> table of the next 30 days of sunrise and sunset times for the selected
> location and for your QTH.
>
> <https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxview/Help/Operation.htm#Displaying%20sun
> rise%20and%20sunset%20times>
>

> + One more mouse click will display a table of gray-line openings between the
> selected location and your QTH.
>
> <https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxview/Help/Operation.htm#Displaying_Gray-
> Line_Times>

Good as far as it goes, but it only works from my QTH to somewhere.
In a contest or even a pileup, I might want to know other paths, like OC to EU,
etc. along with the great circle directions, and sunset/sunrise at both ends.

* With a couple of mouse clicks, you can set your QTH to any location you like,
and then explore paths and grayline openings from that location. When your
exploration is complete, you can then restore your QTH with a single mouse
click.

* In the QTH panel on DXView's Configuration window's General tab, note the
Position, Recall, and Save buttons:

 - clicking the Save button saves your current QTH; this need only be done
once, typically after you first specify your QTH's latitude and longitude

 - clicking the Position button sets your QTH to the currently-selected
location, enabling explorations of paths from that location

 - clicking the Recall button restores your current QTH.

      73,

            Dave, AA6YQ