Re: Topband: Topband Digest, Vol 196, Issue 5

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Topband Digest, Vol 196, Issue 5
From: Greg Chartrand via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2019 18:43:31 +0000 (UTC)
It would seem political. If we get a Maunder minimum, most likely theclimate
will cool thus the "sky is falling" climate people will have a hard time.

Of note:
?We expect Solar Cycle 25 will be very similar to Cycle 24: another
fairly weak cycle, preceded by a long, deep minimum,? said panel
co-chair Lisa Upton, Ph.D., solar physicist with Space Systems Research
Corp. ?The expectation that Cycle 25 will be comparable in size to Cycle
24  means that the steady decline in solar cycle amplitude, seen from
cycles 21-24, has come to an end and that there is no indication that we
are currently approaching a Maunder-type minimum in solar activity.?

I would like to know the basis for this prediction, as it conflicts with
Dr. Zharkova's theories regarding solar cycles, which explain the
ongoing decline of solar activity.  In particular NOAA rejects
Zharkova's prediction of an upcoming grand solar minimum.  I've emailed
them to ask this question and will post their reply to the reflector if
and when I get it.

Larry W8ANT