Topband: Counterpoise

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Counterpoise
From: "Chortek, Robert L." <Robert.Chortek@berliner.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2019 17:34:23 +0000
Fellow Topband Aficionados -

Question about wire layout in a elevated counterpoise system.

My top loaded vertical stands right next to the house on the far side of our
tiny suburban lot. The radials slope upward from the base at 3’ feet to the
roof at about 10 feet, make a 90° turn and then run over the top of the house
creating a giant U shape.

I’m wondering whether adding additional radials would improve the performance
of the system, given that those additional radials will have to run pretty
close to the existing 12, none will run in a straight line.

Thoughts?

Thanks for your input Xcode

Sent from my iPhone