Re: Topband: Lack of NA Activity on CW

To: daraymond@iowatelecom.net
Subject: Re: Topband: Lack of NA Activity on CW
From: Andreas Junge <andreas@n6nu.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2019 11:23:31 -0700
You are missing the point. This was tongue in cheek comment. I could have
picked any mode with any bogus argument.

There are 10s and 100s of KHZ of spectrum wasting away unused and people have
nothing better to do but complain about FT8 and the use of 3KHz of spectrum per
band for ALL users. Those 3KHz are the bandwidth of ONE SSB signal. Get over
it.

Live and let live.

So, where is everybody calling CQ CW at my local sunrise? There are the same 2
or 3 W6/7 stations every morning and the occasional JA and HL and that’s it. I
have more luck making QSO’s on FT8.

I run my Flex 6700 on FT8 and CW at the same time and work whatever I need in
whatever mode. I don’t think anybody should tell me what’s acceptable or not.

And yes, I prefer CW.

Andreas, N6NU