Re: Topband: 30-Foot Vertical

To: "Dave Heil" <k8mn@frontiernet.net>, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 30-Foot Vertical
From: k8gg@voyager.net
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2019 17:18:40 -0400 (EDT)
Hi All,

I agree with Dave,  If one can get 20 feet of mast out the top of the 30
foot tower and some top loading wires to bring resonance to where one
desires in the 160 meter band then I would insulate the base and series
feed it.

It would be only about 3 db below a full size vertical over the same
radial system and earth ground below.

Feed point impedance will be between 12 and 25 ohms depending on ground
losses, assuming at least 2000 feet of radials on ground, or decent
elevated radials on a roof.

GL   73,  George,  K8GG