Re: Topband: 160 portable vertical

To: pat <n8vw@linuxcolumbus.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160 portable vertical
From: GEORGE WALLNER <aa7jv@atlanticbb.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2019 21:15:58 -0400
Pat,
There is one thing that could make a "portable" antenna and QRP work on 160 meters: Salt water! If you can make the antenna stand over and grounded to the water, or right on the water's edge with the "radials" in the water, you could get out with a 20' fiberglass pole and a (good) antenna tuner. There is plenty of salt water in the Caribbean, but you must be right over it! Its is not going to be gang-busters, but...

GL and 73,
George,
AA7JV/C6AGU

On Wed, 07 Aug 2019 07:59:34 -0400