Re: Topband: FYI Robot contacts "outlawed" by ARRL

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: FYI Robot contacts "outlawed" by ARRL
From: "Ed Sawyer" <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2019 14:22:49 -0400
Actually, I think this topic is very relevant to the "fringe bands" like
160M and 6M.

The way I read the purposely non-detailed direction from the board
"contemporaneous direct initiation by the operator on

both sides of the contact.".  With the known software in mind, that would
look to say that as long as you click on the callsign to be worked, it
counts, even if it got worked hours later while you slept.

But after it is worked, the next callsign has to have been clicked.  Which
could be the next on the stack of calls of what you saw before you went to
bed.

So I don't see anything preventing someone from seeing and clicking on half
a dozen calls before bedtime and waking up with all or many of them worked.
Since 160M is a nighttime band and often the peak is in the middle of the
night local time for EU or AF, it's a very relevant 160M DX topic.

Is this okay?  I don't think so.

Ed  N1UR