Re: Topband: Relationship Between Ground Wave and Low-Angle Radiation

To: N4ZR <n4zr@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Relationship Between Ground Wave and Low-Angle Radiation
From: HP <pfizenmayer@q.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2019 15:46:10 -0400 (EDT)
Now that I think about it a bit -- I wonder if you put up a small vertical off
to the side toward the W3LPL RBN and fed some power into it
as a reference signal then fed the tower with that little vertical open and fix
up switching so you could switch between the two several
times for each reading and get a repeatable delta - then add radials and look
at the new deltas if this trial worked out ??

Closest RBN I have on160 is KO7SS down on Mt Lemon in Tuscon (107 miles) and I
have never been able to tell anything because of qsb over such short periods of
time - takes me about 5 min to change the two configurations I want to compare.

Hank K7HP